Guys this weekend I almost did something drastic. I still don’t know what to think or say. Today I decided to dye my hair red. I was on my way to the store and it was like my mental sassy gay friend caught up with me half –way there and was all like “What are you doing? What are you doing? You love your hair color. You love being a blonde. Yes that picture of Rachel Hurt-Wood online looked awesome. Yes you look like her bone structure and coloring wise, but dear, she had thousands of dollars behind that color change. And she had designers doing it. I love you sweetie, but your design skills leave a lot to be desired. Besides, all your clothes and make-up match your current pallet. You can’t afford a whole new wardrobe and beauty arsenal. Let’s go to the craft store and focus and getting the stuff for you stage make-up final.”
So I’ve compiled a list of blondes who I adore, which I will take into consideration next time this urge hits me. I’m not saying I’ve ruled the red-head option out completely, I just need to think about it.
1. Bell Rowley from BBC’s The Hour. She is a powerhouse of ambition and talent. I love her. Ok so she’s a little slutty. But she acknowledges her mistakes and chooses the right guy in the end.
2. Jo Portman. I don’t want to be Jo. Her life is horrible. But she is smart, committed and idealistic. I wouldn’t mind being like Jo.You can't beat her instincts.
3. J.K. Rowling . I heard once that she used to be red-headed. But she has clearly chosen to be blonde. She is amazing.
5. Emma Thomson—She is a talented writer and actress. The combination is not so common.
6. Meryl Streep – She is a mom and a talented and successful actress. I want to be her when I grow up.
7. Anna from Downton Abbey—oh the quiet passion of this woman’s life! She is lovely, bad things happen to her, she is still lovely. In fact I think she might be Lady Mary’s only soft spot. She is never upstaged by Lady Mary’s drama, which is a considerable feat. Let’s face it nice girls, our mean friends often get the spotlight.
8. Hermione—Shut up, she’s totally blonde. Not even going by Emma Watson, but by the book. Tell me you don’t read Harry Potter and see Hermione as blonde. I didn't include a picture. Just use your mind's eye. You see a blonde girl, don't you.
9. On that note Emma Watson is smart, driven and stands up for women on body issues.
10. Nina from Being Human. She’s tough and caring at the same time. She was killed and I quit watching the show.
11. Meggie AND Reasa (is that how you spell her name? my roommate is asleep so I can’t look it up in my book) from Inkheart. Such a beautiful, sad-happy, story.
Nothing to say in conclusion.